Here’s a mini review:
- same google web interface you’re used to
- doesn’t index old thunderbird email unless you view the message or unless it was recently delivered.
- index files are larger than copernic
- They’ve been doing desktop search as long as google has been doing web search
- ? not a well known brand name?
Google might want to buy copernic — i’m sure they’ve been offered already.
Here’s an index building comparison:
Copernic uses 333MB and google desktop uses 304MB. If you compare indexed documents, copernic consumes about 7kb per document vs. 11kb for google. But more importantly, copernic can handle more document types out of the box.