Here’s another recipe that is close to my favorite with a spiciness of 3 and sweetness of 3:
- 1 cup milk, 2% fat
- 30 grams 99% Cacao Scharffenberger Chocolate
- 15 grams or 1/16 cup confectioners sugar (white granulated, not powdered)
- 1/4 teaspoon and 1/16 teaspoon cardamom or cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
I cut back no chocolate and sugar from version 1 of the recipe.
- Heat milk gently, at no point going higher than 140 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add chocolate, sugar, cardamom and chili powder.
- wait until partly melted and then periodically mix for 1/4 second pulses with a hand blender until chocolate all dissolved.
- Serve at 130.
The use of hand blender has side effect of frothing the milk which makes it have a richer taste, similar to steaming of the milk.